For the most part I have been quiet about why I haven’t been blogging as frequently as I would like to. I didn’t know how to say what I was feeling without coming directly out and saying it, but here it is- I am tired of having a fashion blog. If there is one thing I have learned in the past 10 months of writing nonstop it is that I have a voice, I have something to say, and I want to use that voice to talk about something real. I am not in any way putting down people who write about fashion. I still love it and use it as a huge escape, but I want to talk about more.
Last year I wrote a Sunday Reflection every single week, but beyond that I was essentially a fashion blog. The funny thing is, Sophomore year I truly hadn’t “gone through” anything. School was my biggest source of anxiety, and honestly I would kill for that now. This all seems slightly melodramatic (but its me, I’m kinda dramatic) but honestly I am just trying to get my point across. Life isn’t always sunshine and roses no matter how many bloggers try and make it seem like it is.
I am not saying I will never do an outfit post again, because like I said, I still love it. However, I want to become known more as a place where girls my age can come and feel understood, get advice or feel like they aren’t going through something alone. Because let’s be honest, life is sucky sometimes. Sometimes it is so incredibly amazing. But sometimes it takes you down a peg or two.
So, without further ado, I am becoming a more open space on the internet. If I can in any way help even one person I’ll be happy.
Here is a list of 10 things I know to be true. (There will be more to come.)
- Closure may be terrifying and painful, but you need it.
- When someone keeps touching right where it hurts, they’re not clueless, they’re cruel.
- Nothing good ever comes out of reading old conversations.
- A long car ride with a friend can solve a lot of problems (or at least help you forget about them for a while).
- Judging people is honestly the biggest waste of time ever and it doesn’t make you look cool.
- The problem with second chances is that they are rarely ever just the second time.
- Life isn’t easy. Wear your bruises and scars with pride to prove you showed up.
- You have to find someone who is willing to sit in your little hole with you sometimes.
- When appropriate, no pants are better than pants.
- You have to own who you are.