I think/hope I am not the only one that wishes for a lot of things. I am not taking about the once a year I make a wish on my birthday candles; I mean the throughout the day, “oh I wish that could have gone better” wish. Some of my wishes are obviously bigger than others. But I have come to realize something… we can’t change everything. We are in this certain place for a reason- everything happens for a reason. I will probably talk more about that at a later date. So for August (which also happens to be my birthday month wahoo!) I will share some of my wishes but also why I am ok with things staying the same.
1. I really wish that I lived somewhere else// but if I didn’t live here I wouldn’t know any of my friends- I live in a town where when people ask you where you are from and you answer they always say, “oh my gosh, I’m so sorry”. And yeah, it really can be that bad. But like I said, if I didn’t live here I wouldn’t know my amazing friends, we wouldn’t be as close to the beach, and (don’t tell anyone I said this) I really don’t mind living in a small town… sometimes.
2. Sometimes I wish I went to a different school// but I know I am getting a good education- I go to a prep school, which as you can imagine, can be pretty stressful. There are signs around school that say, “College isn’t an option it is the plan”. Now I do want to go to college, but it can be pretty intimidating. But honestly, I really like my school and don’t want to go anywhere else, but if you ask me that around midterms time the stress will start talking and I will want to go anywhere else.
3. Sometimes I wish I was older// but I don’t want to have to pay bills- I think this is pretty self-explanatory.
4. Sometimes I wish I was younger// but I really don’t want to go through those “awkward” years again- I really hope you can all relate.
5. I wish my dreams didn’t scare me and I was 100% positive everything will work out/ but I am really excited about the future- Well, I guess my dreams are big enough because the definitely scare me. I also guess that we can’t be 100% about anything. I want to move to New York and work in PR for a major fashion company. I don’t know about you, but that all sounds pretty scary! I want to move across the country and work in fashion, which as you all know, is not the most certain of industries. But honestly, I am really excited about working towards my goal!
6. I wish I had more free time// but I truly love everything I am doing- I mentioned in my last Life Update that I have a lot going on, especially once the school year starts up. I know I will want more free time, but like I said, I am passionate about everything I am working on.
Is there anything y’all wish for?
Thanks for reading,